Nostril piercings look pretty and you obviously want it to heal quickly so that you can wear those lovely nose piercing jewelry varieties youâ€™ve been seeing online!
So here is what you can expect during your nostril piercing procedure:
1. The piercer will first clean your nose with an antiseptic solution.
2. A cork will be fitted in your nostril to ensure that when the needle pierces your nostril, it does not injure your septum.
3. The spot to be pierced will be marked with a dot on your nostril.
4. Once you are satisfied with the spot, your piercer will show you a sterilized needle in a sealed plastic package, which will then be opened.
5. Expect your eyes to water when the needle pierces your nostril. You may bleed a wee bit, but donâ€™t worry.
6. Your piercer will deftly remove the needle and get your nose piercing jewelry in.
7. After the nostril piercing procedure you will be advised not to touch your piercing with your hands and be given cleaning instructions.
8. While cleaning your piercing, you will be instructed to wash your hands with antiseptic soap. Your piercing must be cleaned with antibiotic cream to prevent infection.
The nostril piercing procedure, as you can see, is quite simple and quick. You will go home with strict aftercare instructions that you must follow very diligently. Do not attempt to remove your piercing at least for three weeks, until it has healed well! Your piercer will help you choose the right kind of nose jewelry so that it does not get caught in your clothing when you dress.
You must keep in touch with your piercer to make sure that the healing is getting on properly. In case you go to work and have to remove your nose ring, donâ€™t leave your piercing that way for too long as it will just close up and you will have to go through the nostril piercing procedure all over again! Just take care to see that you go to an experienced professional piercer who knows exactly what to do! 😉